Bring up the name Cedar Point and you’ll hear a different story or memory from each person. For some, it’s recalling days riding on the classics– the Pirate Ride, Disaster Transport, the Rotor or the Demon Drop. Others will tell of grand dances or legendary performances from the likes of Benny Goodman and Duke Ellington in the Cedar Point Ballroom.
On April 28, residents and fans of Sandusky will have the opportunity to create new memories in the iconic Cedar Point Ballroom at a once-in-a-lifetime event, the Bicentennial Ball. A band will play all types of music including tunes from the memorable swing era to today’s pop sounds. This black-tie event will feature dancing, signature cocktails, historic photos on display and more.
Tickets go on sale January 1, 2018 and can be purchased at the Sandusky State Theatre, in the box office or online. Be part of the celebration… after all, an event like this comes along once every 200 years.
More about the event from our Bicentennial Ball co-chairs, Nancy Beach & Nikki Lloyd, and Cedar Point General Manger, Jason McClure:
- “The Cedar Point ballroom played a significant role in the park’s history as an entertainment destination, featuring big performers like the Sousa Band and a multitude of significant special events,” said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “Fast forward to today: the doors will soon open again as Cedar Point hosts a party for our city that gives a nod to our entire community’s rich past.”
- “This is the premiere event of the Bicentennial,” said Nancy Beach, event co-chair. “To be able to celebrate the rich and storied history of Sandusky at a legendary location as the Cedar Point Ballroom will help make this a night Sanduskians will never forget!”
- “We’re excited to bring all generations together, pay homage to the past and position Sandusky for a bright next two hundred years. Come celebrate with us!” said Nikki Lloyd, event co-chair.
- $100 per person for intimate tiered seating (table for two or four individuals)
- $150 per person for banquet party seating (table for ten individuals
- Proceeds from the Ball will help fund the many free and low cost events throughout the 2018 year
- Tickets include hors d’oeuvres
- Cash bar featuring signature cocktails